Katy Perry is known for her unique voice and beautiful personality, who quickly climbed the ladder of success. Indeed, she is hot and gorgeous. Katy Perry holds a huge fanbase. When we follow someone or like somebody we are willing to know every single detail about them. If you are her fan then you must know most of the details and facts about her. But, today we are revealing some facts or say secrets which you probably don’t know.
So, following are some facts about Katy Perry that you should know.
1. Katy Perry is not her real name. Her real name is Katheryn Elizabeth Hudson but she changed it to ‘Katy Perry’ so that nobody confuses between her and another American actress ‘Kate Hudson’. Before ‘Katy Perry’ she tried ‘Katheryn Perry’ but settles with ‘Katy Perry’ instead.
2. Katy Perry is not only a talented singer but also a talented writer. She has written songs for Selena Gomez and Ashley Tisdale. However, she was accused by Lily Allen that she has no other talents.
3. Her pet cat has her own blog on social media. Katy’s cat is more famous than most of the singers in America. Her cat name is closely similar to her name. She named her cat ‘Kitty Purry’. The cat’s entire blog is dedicated to her daily life.
4. Katy Perry has close relations with the Obamas. She also had lunch with Barack Obama’s wife Michelle Obama. After the lunch, she posted it on Twitter saying, “NOW my birthday is complete. Lunch with @michelleobama.”
5. In the year 2013, she was offered to become the judge on the show ‘American Idols’s 12th season’ with a huge amount of money which was $20,000,000 but she denied it.
6. She is a business minded lady as she was the first one to use Twitter for business purpose. She tried to sell her product ‘Mad Potion’ on Twitter. She thought that it would be a great idea as she has a considerable amount of followers.
7. Katy was a substitute judge at X-factor when Danii Minogue was on maternity leave. She auditioned and tested a number of promising singers with two more judges, Simon Cowell and Cheryl Cole.
8. In her teenage, she released her first album under the name ‘Katy Hudson’ but the album wasn’t that successful and it failed to earn money but now that she is famous and successful, her album is known worldwide.
9. She has two other siblings. The elder sister, Angela Hudson and younger brother, David Hudson. David worked as an actor in Hollywood but then got retired in 2014.
10. Katy Perry belongs to a very religiously strict family. Her parents are Pentecostal Christians. Katy was not even allowed to watch television and read books in her childhood.
11. Lilly Allen and Katy Perry have a cold war going on after Katy has called herself as ‘fatter version of Amy Winehouse and Skinner version of Lilly Allen’. Lilly found it really offensive and now they are not on talking terms.
12. Katy married Russell Brand and got divorced. Despite being a talented comedian, writer, and actor, Russell didn’t rose to fame as much as he must have. He could easily be more popular than Katy herself. They got divorced because of the differences between them.